Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Awful Day, Awful Week, Awful Month

I see the man that strikingly resembles my dad, every inch of him. His eyebrows, larger than most, over eyes slightly deeper in than most. The build of his body, tall, built. Even his hair that at one point, was red, as my dads.
I've been able to deal with seeing him around town, and today, was going to prove it to myself as I hold open the door for him at the Alaska Club, he's further away than you would hold a door open for... he runs goofily, as my daddy would have, and i see my Daddy's smile once more. He has his smile too.
I forget about the cold, I forget about the snow falling down hard and the fact that I will be sitting in my car waiting for it to warm up. Tears just fall, and no one knows. No one understands. I can't talk to them about it, because time, believe it or not, is starting to go by, but the pain won't go "bye."

2 comments:

KaceeL7 said...

is it that one guy with white hair?

Ashes said...

nah.... it's not really white.... you can tell it used to be red...it's a little blondish reddish now.... he lifts weights at the club....